One by one the candles send their glow
Into the Christmas Night,
Each gleaming taper wears a bright halo,
Shedding ethereal light,
Reflected from the wondrous star
That shone above a manger bed
Where long ago the Holy Child
Pillowed His sweet baby head,
And now the candles all are lit,
Each tiny flame has pierced the gloom,
As old familiar Christmas joys
Come thronging back into the room.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!
- Keep burning candles away from children and pets.
- Do not place near flammable objects such as curtains, walls, etc.
- Place on a protected, heat resistant, level surface.
- Keep candles free of wick trimmings, matches, or other foreign matter that could be a fire hazard..
- Avoid burning in drafts.
- Avoid walking with lit candles.
- Keep wicks trimmed to ¼" at all times to avoid carbon build up on the wick (mushrooming), dark smoking and soot in the air and on walls or furniture.
- Allow candles to cool before trimming wick or relighting.
- Only burn candles 1 hour for each inch of it's diameter. This allows the flame time to melt the wax to the outer edge. Burning less time will cause the candle to core burn down the middle and shorten burn time.
- Example: a 3" wide candle should be burned for 3 hours at a time.
- Use toenail clippers to trim wicks in jars in which scissors won't fit.
- Candles will fade if left in direct sunlight or spotlights for extended periods of time.
- Before a party, light and extinguish candles. They will light more quickly and easily later
- For tapers or pillars refrigerate before using will cause them to burn more slowly and evenly. Wrap in foil or plastic before refrigeration to prevent wicks from absorbing moisture.
- To extinguish a candle, use a candle snuffer, or hold fingers in front of the flame and blow. This will prevent hot wax from splattering on furniture.
For Great Bakery Candles & tarts Creative ScentSations
For Gel Candles MeMe's Country Store
For Grubby Candles Bubby's Grubbys